Get the book here

Friday, April 13, 2012

Jesus' "Job Description"

Robert Murray M'Cheyne reminds, "If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me."


More importantly, the writer of Hebrews observes, "Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7.25)


Have I really thought that through? The Lord is praying....for me


He not "only" is praying for me; He has prayed for me: "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word." (John 17.20)


Rough day? Week? Month? Year?


Take heart! As a follower of Christ, an adopted child of God...the Son..the King...the Lord...the Lion...has prayed and is praying...for you.


When I pray, I often have no idea what to pray...He is not limited by that...He prays His will for me.


Amazing.


Astounding.


So undeserved.


So very grateful...



No comments: