Get the book here

Saturday, April 21, 2012

He Wasn't Lost!

Years ago I was asked to speak at a Senior's Luncheon. The date happened to be April 1.

So I thought, how about a sermon on "Stupid Things Christians Say."

Then I thought...wow, but there is so much material!

Then I limited it to three commonly used phrases.

The first two were, "Lord, we just pray..." and "Lord, please be with..." If you don't "get" why those are rather silly phrases, we'll talk about that later.

The third was, "I was 16 when I found Jesus..."

Guess what? He wasn't lost...we were!

Thought of that as I read this:

"A true Christian is not a sheep who has gone looking for the Good Shepherd and found a man who seems to fit the bill, but someone who has been looked for and found by God."
Gerald Bray, God is Love




No comments: