Get the book here

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Eschatology 101...

"Jack, don't you think we are in the end times?"

"Jack, aren't you pre trib?"

"Jack, would you come to our church and preach a sermon on the last days?"

Ah, those questions.

And with all the earthquakes, the economy, wars and rumors of wars...well, aren't we in the last days?

When people ask me how I'm doing I have a few standard answers:

"Better than I deserve." (first heard from C J Mahaney by the way, not Dave Ramsey)

"Sure beats hell." (stolen from Mark Lowry)

"If I was doing any better I'd be dead." (my own, and my personal favorite though I can not say it honestly often enough...)

And, as pertains to this subject, "Another day closer to heaven."

So whether you are pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib, or don't-give-a-trib...let me give you my end times sermon.

Ready?

1. Jesus is coming back
2. Jesus will not be early.
3. Jesus will not be late.
4. Jesus is coming for me.

That's it. That is all I "know." I'm not at all certain about all the other stuff that so many debate.

Frankly, I have a hard enough time trying to die to self and live for Him today than to get all caught up in trying to figure out maybe what is not figure-out-able...and certainly not worth fighting about. (by the way, for those of you who are convinced pre-tribbers...if you were a Chinese, North Korean, Iranian etc Christian...might you not think the trib had already started???)

Anyway, this came through my head as I lay awake around 3 this morning with my new favorite song running through my head...I love it, love it, love it, and especially like the line, "I won't keep searching for answers that aren't here to find." (reminding me of Deut 29.29)

Here's the song...as I posted on facebook a couple days ago, I double-dog-dare-you to not crank your speakers with this one:


No comments: