Get the book here

Monday, April 16, 2012

Don't Take Off Your Shoes...but...

This is an incredibly gospel-oriented song...I urge you to listen...and to listen carefully to the words...Obviously the words are not inspired in the sense of Scripture being inspired (God-breathed)...but I still feel as I need to at least figuratively take off my shoes as I listen...the gospel is "holy ground"...and on that Rock and Gospel I stand...

(Note...the video shows scenes from a conference in 2009 as well as the band etc...and to help you out (and me as I type) here are the lyrics:


I once was lost in darkest night
Yet thought I knew the way.
The sin that promised joy and life
Had led me to the grave.
I had no hope that You would own
A rebel to Your will.
And if You had not loved me first
I would refuse You still.
But as I ran my hell-bound race
Indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
And led me to the cross.
And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
Now all I know is grace.
Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life
Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me.
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose.
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You.
© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI), by Jordan Kauflin

No comments: