Get the book here

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Need to Escape?

"Hi, I'm Jack and I'm a bookaholic."

Yes, I love to read; and most of my reading is research and study focused on my faith in Jesus Christ.

But I also like to read "for fun," for relaxation, simply to enjoy.

And I love it when I "discover" a new (to me) author.

And I love it when I can read a suspense novel and not have to skip over words and/or scenes that are not healthy for my walk with Christ.

Thus I recommend highly Passenger 19 by Ward Larsen.

I'd never heard of him before last week when I saw the book. I was intrigued by the teasers, and as I began to read I knew I'd read everything by Larsen.

In fact, it is one of those rare reads where I purposefully read only a few chapters at a sitting, because I didn't want it to end too quickly.

Larsen has been a fighter pilot, a cop, and an aircraft accident investigator. All of those disciplines result in the main character, Jammer, who is sent to investigate the crash of a small passenger plane...among whose passengers is his daughter.

I don't want to give any more details because the book begins to surprise almost immediately. It keeps you guessing, and I don't want to give you any clues!

If you like Tom Clancy or Vince Flinn, I pretty much guarantee you'll love this book.





No comments: