Get the book here

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tune Tuesday - What's The Deal?

Welcome back to Tune Tuesday...where you can win a book just by making a comment...next Monday  I'll randomly draw a winner from those who comment in response to this...

Understand, this is not an attack on Michael W. Smith, but what follows is a very popular (if a bit old) song...this particular edition overlayed with scenes from Passion of the Christ...

I've never liked the song...at first I thought it was just me; but I've found others who share my sentiment...

What about you?

Do you like this song...or perhaps dislike it? 

Why?

Go...

3 comments:

number 5 said...

Praise God, Jesus thought of me. However, I believe that Scripturally, it is far more correct to say that "above all" He thought of the Father's will. It's a catchy song, and I find I can sing it with clear conscience if I change that one phrase. (though admittedly, it can make for tricky timing, I'd rather that be tricky than to knowingly sing what I believe to be a lie)

Becky said...

I've never really even gotten to the thinking about the theology part, because of the beyond lame line, "Like a rose, trampled on the ground..."

Unknown said...

number 5 hit it on the head! That last line drips with narcissism.