Get the book here

Monday, May 27, 2013

Against the War? Or Against the Warriors?



Forty-five years ago I served in Vietnam, attached to the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment. Forty-five years???? (What is such a young guy doing trapped in such an old body???)


I was not yet a follower of Christ. I was into a lot of garbage. It was not unlike my later years locked up in prison...I learned a lot there, but I don't wanna go back!

Of course it was a different war than the ones in which we fight now.

And I remain thankful that most of the people who are "against" the wars, are not...this time...against the warriors.

It is not unlike being against sin, but not against sinners.

And I encourage and ask you to ponder that last sentence...honestly...and examine who or what you are "against." If that is a person created in the image of God, you need to repent...

Concur? Disagree? That's what they make "comments" for...

And as we honor our military men and women...past and present...let us not lose sight of the One who gave His life as a ransom for many...the One who loved us so much He'd rather die than live without us...























































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, amen! And thank YOU for your service in Vietnam but most importantly for your service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!