Get the book here

Friday, May 3, 2013

Remember this Coming Out?

Jason Collins public declarartion of an active homosexual lifestyle reminds me of the resignation of New Jersey governer Jim McGreevey in 2004.

In my earlier posting I refer to a statement Collins made that depicts the error so many professing Christians make in trying to, for instance, justify homosexual behavior, ignore the doctrine of hell, or play games with the exclusivity of the Gospel.

Collins' statement, though, is not an attempt on his part to "justify" anything. Yet Collins saying that he pays "particular" attention to some of Jesus' teachings parallels McGreevey's statement:

"At a point in every person's life, one has to look deeply into the mirror of one's soul and decide one's unique truth in the world,
not as we may want to see it or hope to see it, but as it is.
And so my truth is that I am a gay American."

There you have it...Collins decides which of Jesus' statements to pay "particular" attention to...McGreevey opts to talk about "my...unique" truth.

Pilate wondered, "What is truth?"

The Lord Jesus..who lived the life we couldn't live and died the death we should have died...declared "I am the truth."



No comments: