Get the book here

Thursday, May 2, 2013

O What A Savior!

While serving with Family Life in New York, I had the privilege of meeting and hanging with the Cathedral Quartet on a few occasions.

Frankly, their music was/is not my favorite.

In fact, the first time...years and years ago..I heard them was simply because I had to be there, per my superiors.

It was a venue in Elmira, NY...a union house, we couldn't touch anything.

There was a union guy whose job was to open and close the curtain. He had an aroma of booze on him, and the telltale signs of a serious drinking problem.

The Cathedrals did their sound check, and a little while later I went backstage to check on something. I rounded a corner and stopped...Ernie Haase...the guy who sings the following song...was seated next to the curtain-puller, with his arm around the guy's shoulders, sharing from a pocket New Testament. I prayed for them both and thought, "I don't give a rip what kind of music you sing, you be one good man."

I woke up this morning thinking of this song...and grabbed it and now I share it with you:


No comments: