Get the book here

Saturday, June 23, 2012

So Grateful...

This Saturday morning I wrap up another week of speaking at a teen camp.

How many does this make?

I hate numbers in oh so many ways. Dates back to my Vietnam listen/read the lies days...

Also because I read the scriptures...which say "about" 5000, "about" 120, and even "about twelve." Yikes! Even I can count to 12! What's up with this?

Perhaps Spirit of God reminding us that numbers are not important, numbers can inadvertently tell lies...and that the Lord lived and died for individuals, not nations, numbers, or statistics...

Anyway, since I'm not a numbers person I don't keep records...but a fair guesstimate is that this is around my 215th - 220th week of camp speaking. What a joy! What a privilege! and, what a responsibility. I try to treat seriously the admonition, "Let not many of us become teachers, for as such we shall incur the stricter judgment."

Last night was good as Spirit of God moved many to profess new commitments to the Lord. Many shared publicly their commitments, from salvation, to surrender and more. Pray as they go back to real life 101 that their disciplined obedience to the Lord continues and grows...

Midland's Super C Camp always has a dramatic portrayal of the crucifixion on Friday night...and last night Janelle and Jacob participated; Janelle as Mary and Jacob as a follower/mourner:



                                    Jacob and his buddy Walt Brown (from Troy, Ks)

No comments: