Get the book here

Saturday, June 2, 2012

On Christian youth camps

For over thirty years I've spent 5-8 weeks each summer speaking at Christian camps, mostly of the teen variety. It is a marvelous place for the Lord to work. It is also potentially a dangerous place, (as I have written about HERE)


Many camps with which I deal are experiencing difficulties because of low registrations. Some of this is, of course, reflecting the economy...but I think there is a bigger factor.


Priorities.


"Well, he's got to go to soccer camp, and band camp, and academic camp..."


Really? Not negating the relative importance of any of those things, but...


And of course there are some teens who just don't want to go...perhaps for Lucy's reason:




If you are a parent, grandparent, or adult simply concerned about youth, consider helping send one of your kids or teens in your church to camp. I am speaking at six this year...two camps in Colorado, as well as in Missouri, Wisconsin, Idaho, and Pennsylvania. I know of others. If you need a lead, contact me here or at jack.hager@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Bongiorno Christian said...

Christian youth camps is That's an excellent