Get the book here

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Half a Century?

In 1978 I had to submit a written sermon for a preaching class in the Bible institute I attended (Christ Unlimited...a division of Kansas City Youth For Christ).

Dr. Al Metsker personally reviewed the message.

And in bold, red letters scrawled across the top of the title page, "DON'T USE DOUBLE NEGATIVES!!!"

The title of my sermon?

"I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

Dr. Al did not apparently realize I was referring to a song well-known by just about anyone with a pulse...

This rendition of the song was recorded in 1965. Fifty years ago. The Stones are going on yet another tour now. They will be in Kansas City in July (by the way my birthday is June 1...just sayin')

Crank the speakers, marvel at how young they look...

No comments: