Get the book here

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Everybody Needs Somebody

I don't even know for sure what tripe is...

No idea what it looks like until now when I googled it.
But I know tripe when I hear it. 

As in, "I love Jesus but I don't need church."

Gaggeth a self-respecting maggot.

Hebrews 10.24,25 still counsels and mandates, "And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near."

We fellowship because it is ordered by our Commander-in-Chief (as opposed to heavenly buddy).

Speaking of "buddy," we fellowship  because even the Lone Ranger had a buddy!

And, as Charles Spurgeon noted, 

"I will not believe that you have tasted of the honey of the gospel if you can eat it all by yourself."

"Love Jesus, Don't Need Church?" Sounds like you are having an affair, and not a committed marriage...

Besides, there's a place for you in the choir:

 

No comments: