Get the book here

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ministry of Introduction

So a couple Bible quizzers drop by, one of them asks what I think of Brennan Manning and "The Ragamuffin Gospel," I explain to her what I think of the book (mostly positive, by the way)...and then say that Manning was a major influence in Rich Mullins' life.

She has a blank look on her face. So I ask, "You don't know who Rich was?" "No."

"He wrote tremendous songs that were unlike most contemporary stuff today...it didn't simply entertain, was doctrinally sound, and often convicted rather than comforted, sort of like Keith Green."

You guessed it. The poor girl (a senior in high school) didn't know who Keith was either.

So I quickly went to youtube and pulled down a Mullins song "Faith Without Works" and got this version:



Then I told her that it amazed me that both Rich and Keith were killed in accidents; Rich hit by a truck and Keith (and two of his children and another family plus the pilot) killed burying a jet in the Texas sand.

I entered his name into youtube and this was the first one to come up:(I think the guy who intros is Pat Boone!)

No comments: