Get the book here

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My Part, His Part


shuttle launch from the Inter Space StaThe photo (space shuttle launch ) reminds me of His vastness, His power, His "unlike-us-ness."

In the midst of the normal struggles of life, parenting, and work...I drew comfort from Psalm 91 this morning.

Noticing the biblical explanation of responsibility, choice, and result. Verse 1 says, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty." Thus my job is to "pitch my tent", His "job" is to allow me to live/abide/stay in His shadow.

Verse two indicates my need to "trust."

Verses three and four describe His protection, and verses five through seven portray the resulting "sanctified superiority complex."

Verse nine reiterates "my" part, "Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place..."

Verse 14 continues the admonition, "Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows My name."

Verse 15 and 16 again reveal cause-and-effect, "When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.

"Working out salvation" is a continuous and (hopefully growing) discipline.

No comments: