Get the book here

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Don't Leave Jesus in the Driveway

Not much difference between prison ministry and (youth) camp ministry...

Didn't recognize that until a few years ago...I often tell the guys, "Whether you make it on the street or not will be determined in the first couple hours after you walk out of prison..."

As far as professing Christian inmates go, the word is "Don't leave Jesus at the gate."

And this morning week one at SuperC (Midland Ministries camp in Polo, MO) comes to a close...and around 11am teens will head back to the "real" world.

In an hour I'll challenge them to "not leave Jesus in the driveway" as they pull out of camp. For those who made "decisions" for Christ I'll tell them, "Whether you follow through on your alleged commitment to read the Bible more, pray more, tell your friends about Christ, obey your parents habitually etc etc etc...how you act in the coming few hours will determine whether it 'sticks.'"

Scripture says "do not despise the day of small beginnings."

Would you join me in praying these teens cling to Jesus as many of them return to horrific "homes." The very place that should be a dress rehearsal for heaven is, in far too many cases, a portrayal of the alternative...

And pray as I begin the drive west...tomorrow (Sunday) I'll speak three times behind the walls and wire of the Sterling Penitentiary...Colorado's largest state prison. The next morning I begin a week at Camp Machasay.

Amazed I get to do what I get to do...

1 comment:

Rebecca A. Maynard said...

Contact us to schedule a Free no obligation in-home estimate. We will help design an outdoor living area that your family and friends will enjoy for many years to come!
bamboo fencing