Get the book here

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A New (old) Invitation Song?

Probably not.

Most who know me understand that my view of the "invitation system" is not typical. I'm not totally against it (though I can't visualize Jesus softly saying, "every head bowed, every eye closed"; not have I ever understood why we want people to stand up and stand out for Christ, yet all too often try to "start them out" in secret ("no one is looking around, this is between you and God").

No way do I question motives of those who give standard invitations; and I can tolerate them (since I know God is sovereign in all things) as long as they don't devolve into manipulation...

But...all that aside, while on a prayer walk an old song came back into my head (so old it was when musicians were musicians and not computer programmers)...

Perhaps I'll use it as my next invitation "hymn"? Whatcha think?

No comments: