Get the book here

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Drive...

The Super C week wrapped up yesterday...after a ton of goodbyes, and several one-on-one prayer times, I hit the road around 11.30am.

Yup, I was pretty tired; but not stupid...I stopped every couple hours to walk around, do knee bends, breath deep...the whole thing.

Felt good, weather was great, kept going. Got pretty tired as I neared Stevens Point, Wi...used the gps and called a few hotels...everything booked...except a Super 8 that had a room available for 120 bucks! No thanks. What was going on? A friendly clerk told me there was a softball tournament, a baseball tournament, and a ...wait for it...donkey festival...who woulda thunk?

So I proceeded to stop at a favorite Chinese place for dinner in Wausau; then drove to Crescent Lake Bible Camp where I'll start speaking at a junior high week later today; followed by a senior high week.

As I've mentioned, I find it hard to button my shirt as, this week, the entire Hager clan will be working at Christian camps...Joel at Timber Lee in East Troy, Wi; and Josiah continuing his full-time role at God's Mountain; Janelle doing her summer lifeguarding and more at God's mountain, and, this week only, Jane doing the cooking at God's Mountain (with her trusty assistant Jacob.

Yup, I'm proud, grateful, and grinning! The photo was taken early this morning during my prayer walk around the grounds of the camp...

No comments: