Get the book here

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Three Questions...Got Enough Guts to Ask Them?

The following is from PETE WILSON, one of the pastors whose blog I follow. It is transparent, timely, and tough...but worth the read and, better, the asking of the questions:

God has been doing some serious heart surgery on me over the past few weeks. I’m a little embarrassed to admit this but God has pointed out to me, through a couple different situations, that I need to address the issue of pride in my ministry. Pride has become this insidious and destructive thing that has kept me from becoming the leader God wants me to be and furthermore it’s become a thick barrier to my relationship with God.
It was C.S. Lewis who said,
As long as you are proud you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on things and people: and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.
This recent journey has led me to three questions that have been keeping me up late at night, causing me to break out in a cold sweat, and exposing traces of pride I didn’t even know existed.  I dare you. No, I double dog dare you to slow down for a minute and honestly ask yourself these three questions.
1) Am I willing to allow another person to do what I think I must do?
2) Am I willing to do what I am doing, even if no one else knows I am doing it?
3) Am I willing to let God use me for a season, and then be okay with Him later for putting my work into the hands of another?

1 comment:

pete wilson said...

Those questions will mess with you won't they?