Get the book here

Friday, January 29, 2010

In What Does the Lord Take Pleasure?

Sublime...simple...sensational...stupendous...'stonishing...surreal...

Okay, okay, I'm out of adjectives. But I was slapped across the face this morning during my (pretty) regular morning-time-in-the-Word.

Psalm 149.4  For the Lord takes pleasure in His people

I won't add to this...I'll just ask a question or two...

Do you feel a bit defeated, discouraged, distant? Inadequate, insecure, ineffective? Failing, fatigued, faulty? Unloved, unappreciated, un-used? Grumpy, grouchy, growling?
the Lord takes pleasure in You
I said I wouldn't add a comment, but...
I have four children ranging in age from 25 to 7...they (like I) often do dumb things, don't do right things, and disappoint, disturb, and derange me...but I love them, am on their side, and take pleasure in them.

And I'm just a dummy (I hear the choruses of "amen!").

Our Abba, our heavenly Father, "takes pleasure in us." And, as is His love, so is His pleasure...He does not love us "if" or "when" or "because"...He loves us with an everlasting love...and that is rather neat.

No comments: