Get the book here

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Reflection Builds Strength

I force myself to read the Bible slowly in an effort not to miss anything.

For instance,

Psalm 62 (ESV)

1) For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.
2) He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortrss; I shall not be greatly shaken.

5) For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him.
6) He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

Notice the difference between verse 2 and verse 6?

Verse 2 says "greatly shaken," verse 6 drops the "greatly."

Verse 2 implies, "yeah, I may get shook up, but not too badly!"

Verse 6 states "I will not be shaken...period."

Focusing thought/prayer (over the years I have grown convinced that, for the active pursuer of God, one's thought life is a huge part of one's prayer life) on God takes the psalmist from "greatly shaken" to "un-shaken."

Lesson? Don't focus on problem, focus on Jesus.

No comments: