Get the book here

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It Is Not Only Okay to Say "No," It Is Vital!

Everyone is busy. Everyone has too much to do and too little time.


Some of these difficulties may be birthed in laziness, apathy, lack of discipline...

But for many the causal agent is the lack of ability to say "no."

I do not believe any time mangement tool, seminar, idea etc is going to give lasting help until this particular battle is won.

It's okay to say "no."

I owe Michael Hyatt for this sample sentence of one way to honestly, gently, and clearly say "no."

Here it is:


“I’m sorry. 
I’d love to,
 but to honor my existing commitments,
 I’m going to have to say no.”

The follower of Christ is commanded to "redeem the time."
That simply won't happen unless you learn to say "no."
Sure, pray for guidance; pray for discipline; pray for discernment...but also have the wherewithal to say "no."
And also remember this:

"The need is not the call."





No comments: