Get the book here

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Combat Weak Thinking About Life!

Walked from my office to the bank..gorgeous day, time to pray...prayed specifically about the ongoing slaughter of the innocents, frustrated that so many "Christians" waffle on the issue of life.

I did not hear God speak.

But I did hear from God.

One of the better books I've ever read is Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Dr. Paul Brand. It is not an intentional "pro life" book...it is just an incredible journey through the incredible, "fearfully and wonderfully made" body.

I think it will be strategic to put this book in the hands of teenagers. They might not read an attack on "choice." They might ignore an apologetic on abortion.

But this book, co-written by Phil Yancey, is an astonishing insight into the body..and to the Body, based on the work of Dr. Brand who, among other things, directed the only leprosarium in the U.S.

If you've not read it; do so.

If you need a graduation, birthday, just-because-I-like-you gift...I recommend this beyond-highly.

And, yeah, if you order it off the link below a small percentage will go to me...Jane and I serve as  home missionaries relying on "support/deputation," and any funds generated this way are a huge help.





No comments: