Get the book here

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bible Quiz Champs 1998

Fifteen years???

Yup, it was mid-April, 1998, with the Bible Quiz Nationals taking place in Denver, Colorado.

At that time I was directing the Family Life Ministries (NY and PA) Bible quiz program, and we took five teams to the competition.

As always, the event was filled with a variety of levels of competition, but at the championship quiz "By Grace" was victorious.

I still have some contact with most of the team...they are scattered from coast to coast...but I grin as I reflect not only on that victory, but in my having the privilege of hanging with them, working with them, over several years.

They were coached by Linda Schooley, and the team members were David Bradstreet, Chris Gardner, Chad Snavely, Chris Stanley, Carolyn Pearce, C. J. Madison, and Charlotte Bradstreet.

Here's a pic (with Pikes Peak in background)


No comments: