Get the book here

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Treasure from Tozer


If you've not read Tozer, you've ripped yourself off. Now that I think of it, reading Tozer may rip at your heart...but it is surgery for His glory...consider this:

"Father, I want to know Thee, but my coward heart fears to give up its
toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try
to hide from Thee the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do
come. Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished
so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that
Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival. Then shalt Thou make
the place of Thy feet glorious. Then shall my heart have no need of the
sun to shine in it, for Thyself wilt be the light of it, and there shall
be no night there. In Jesus Name, Amen."

A. W. Tozer

No comments: