Get the book here

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Who Is In Your Corner?


One of the dangers in "growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ" is that we can unconsciously get wrapped up in the "deep things of God" and neglect the basics.

I had a friend say years ago that perhaps the best thing that could happen to believers is that every two years they forgot all they knew about Christ and the gospel. Obviously a stretch, but understandable...

This morning's reading for me included Psalm 124; and I stopped in my tracks as the first verse wrapped itself around my heart, "If it had not been the Lord who was on our side..."

The Creator of all is on my side! The One who holds the molecules of everything together is in my corner. He has plans for good, and He causes all things to work together for good.

Basic?

Yeah, but I needed the reminder.

Maybe you do too?

The last verse declares, "Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth."

What's that issue in your life right now? Abba will take care of it...

No comments: