Get the book here

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Amtrak Adventure



Janelle and I left Rochester, NY last Thursday at 11pm; arrived a bit late in Chicago, met our very good friend Kevin Davis and went to top of Sears Tower and a couple other places, got on train to KC...and shortly thereafter the train stopped.

I'll spare you the details, but turned out a lady died...and we had to wait almost three hours for a coroner to come to ensure the lady was, in fact, dead...and thus we were very late into KC.

Had a great visit with great friends, then came out to camp.

First day and a half very good...fantastic weather (after a stormy start), and for the most part attentive students. The Lord is working in lives...and it is yet another fantastic privilege (and responsibility) to be able to preach for these two weeks to two groups of young people.

Appreciate prayers for genuine working of the Spirit (rather than emotions/peer pressure), for Jane and Jacob at home, for Josiah and Joel in their camp work in two locations in Wisconsin, and, yeah, for the RAPID sale of our NY house so we can locate to our HOME in Missouri.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Jack,
Hi! I've been reading your post & I know you've dropped by mine a few times so I thought I would let you know that I changed my address to thetrenchesofmotherhood.blogspot.com It was formerly hoffmanhomehappenings.
Thanks! Blessings!
-Mandy

tvtv3 said...

I will be in Rochester June 22-28, 2008.

Julie said...

Janelle is so grown up! Praying for you and the whole family. We're sorry we never made it out to see you...getting settled with our new little one has kept us pretty busy. We would love to stay in touch. Glad I have your blog to keep up with you. May the Lord bless and keep you as you prepare for your new position. Enjoy camp, and a big hello from Jim and Julie!

Blessings and Love,
The Outman Family