Get the book here

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Random Thoughts On My Birthday - and 3 of my fav songs...


  • If I had a birthday cake the fire department would need to be notified in advance...
  • But having birthdays beats the alternative, sort of.
  • I have no real "proof" of my birthday, other than a piece of paper called a "Birth Certificate" and the "testimony" of parents etc. But I know I am alive because, well, I am alive.
  • I have no real "proof" of my second birth...but my testimony should not be history, but rather current events.
  • As the plaque on my desk reads, "Old age is mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter."
  • Lord, I pray for at least twenty more years of effective ministry.
  • Thanks for those people who have come along side and supported us (we serve as home missionaries with no other income) financially and in prayer for all these years. Hug the many that have gone on to You, Lord; and bless those who remain. We trust You to fill in the gaps left by those who have gone on to heaven...
  • Facebook "happy birthdays" are fun to give, and fun to receive.
  • Attitude determines actions which determine accomplishments.
  • Help me not to confuse activity with accomplishment.
  • Lord, prevent me from ever, however unintentionally, trying to manipulate someone into salvation...at the same time open my mouth that I might brag on Jesus not "only" from the pulpit, but from the pulpit of life. May I never think or say that I "lead" people to Jesus...all I can do is pray and point.
  • Help me to "in everything give thanks
  • Help me to demonstrate daily how much I love and cherish my wife and children
  • May I live my life moment-by-moment first for the Audience of One
  • Help me to always recognize what I deserve...and to be continually thankful I don't get it.
  • May I recognize afresh that every moment allows me two alternatives...whine or worship.
  • Help me to Proverbs 3.5,6
  • Help me to win the constant struggle to not let the stuff of earth take priority over You...and enable me to stand: 
  • May I always remember "Preach the gospel. If necessary, rebuke anyone who says, 'if necessary, use words." R. C. Sproul, Jr
  • May I always...ALWAYS...remember the truths of this wondrous song...especially that Jesus did not simply "die" for my sins; He became my sin and took the hit that should have fallen upon me...



No comments: