Get the book here

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Linus and Me

Just finished by seventh week of teen camp ministry for the summer; and start my final one (a Korean/American church youth group) this afternoon...

Whether preaching, teaching, or the all-important one-on-one conversations; I try to pray for discernment, wisdom, grace, and truth as I speak...because I know I'm in way-over-my-head.

After thirty plus years of ministry (what is such a young guy like me doing in such an old body?) I know that no matter how hard I try, my best efforts may be off-the-mark-at-best. Like Linus, I may furiously run, climb a tree, step out on a limb..and blow it.

But my confidence is in the One who loves the people to whom I speak so much more than I ever can; and as I remember to beg Him to annoint, empower, and use...I rest (usually) in Him and press on.

Here's the cartoon that spawned that thinking:

No comments: