Get the book here

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Do I Really Trust in His Sovereignty?

Do I really trust in the sovereignty of God?

Do I really believe He's got the whole world in His hands?

Well, yeah, I do. I sure don't "get" it...but I'd probably jump off a cliff if I didn't believe that "the Lord God reigneth omnipotent."

I like John MacArthur's insight:

"The wonder of wonders to me is not just the miracle where God instantly invades and just interrupts and violates the flow of everything. To me the greater wonder is that God can take it all and still make it work for His will. That’s astounding to me. The diversity of an innumerable number of events, circumstances and attitudes that occur within the limited freedom of men and demons and God pulls it all together to accomplish exactly what He wants done. Incredible not only to conceive that it can be done but to make it happen. But that is precisely what God does. So that the world with what we assume to be an almost infinite number of random choices is doing nothing more than acting out that which is predetermined by God."

No comments: