Get the book here

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful He Really Does...


Too often I forget the teaching found in Hebrews 7.25, "Consequently (Jesus) is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."

Really? The King of Kings prays for me (assuming I "draw near to God through Him")? First John 2.1 declares we "have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Really? Jesus is praying for me? For my situation, my cares, my struggles, my...everything?

Yeah, or the Word of God is not accurate.

In the Lord's "high priestly prayer" He makes clear that prayer was not only for the 1st century disciples, but for us, "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word." (John 17.20)

Whether sighing or singing, triumphing or struggling, sick or well, full or famished...whatever the situation, if I pause to remember and reflect on the fact that Jesus is praying for me, hope and peace saturate and comfort.

No comments: