Get the book here

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pattern of Prayer

For several years I've made Psalm 15 a part of my "pray-back-to-God" discipline...I started to type "habit" but I do not want my prayer life to be simply "habit."

Here's what I have written in my prayer list:

"Lord, today enable me to live blamelessly and do what is right...to speak truth in and from my heart...

Help me not to slander, to do no evil, to not take up a reproach against a friend...

Help me to see wicked people as wicked people..

Enable me to honor those who fear You...

Help me to be a man of integrity and thus a man of my word...no matter what...

Help me to do nothing, say nothing, or give anything expecting anything in return...

Help me to never say anything about anyone in order to please someone...

As, by grace, I pray, trust and obey; cause me to never stumble."

I keep praying it because, as all who know me know, I am no where near "there"....yet

No comments: