Get the book here

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Atheist "preaches" the Gospel!

This is truly remarkable!
Christopher Hitchens (noted atheist and author of God is Not Great: Why Religion Poisons Everything) was interviewed in Portland, Or by Unitarian "minister" Marilyn Sewell.

Near the beginning of the interview Sewell remarks, "The religion you cite in your book is generally the fundamentalist faith of various kinds. I'm a liberal Christian, and I don't take the stories form the Scripture literally. I don't believe in the doctrine of atonement (that Jesus died for our sins, for example). Do you make any distinction between fundamentalist faith and liberal religion?"
 
How do you think Hitchens will reply? I've not read his book yet; but I think I shall to see what his train of thought is. I shall also pray that Spirit of God will draw him to the cross, because he "gets" the gospel. Here is his reply:
"I would say that if you don't believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ and Messiah, and that He rose again from the dead and by His sacrifice our sins are forgiven, 
you're really not in any meaningful sense a Christian."

 Wow. Just Wow.
 

No comments: