Get the book here

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Don't Look for Perfection


As part of my regular reading I am in Nehemiah 7, and verse 2 (ESV) reads, "I gave my brother Hanani and Hananiah the governor of the castle charge over Jerusalem, for he was a more faithful and God-fearing man than many.

So Hananiah wasn't the most "faithful and God-fearing" man; but he surpassed "many."

I wonder how often churches, ministries, etc pass over a worker because he or she isn't the most whatever-they-are-looking-for? How much work is not done, how much experience not gained; because those doing the hiring/placing are looking for "ideal" rather than "available"?

Of course prayer for discernment and direction must lace the process, but as General George Patton said, "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."

No comments: