Get the book here

Friday, August 15, 2008

Confession


Thank God for First John One Nine! The word "confess" means "to agree with," no excuses, no blame, but rather simple (not simple to do, but simple) agreement with God that I have sinned.

There is nothing wrong with requesting prayer for all sorts of situations, but I've confessed to the Lord, and now to you, that I've been worrying too much about the lack of sale of our house. Sure, it's easy to say it's human, it's natural, and all that...but...

There is no getting around Philippians 4.5,6; Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Couple that with 1 Thessalonians 5.16-17, Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. and I receive the not-so-gentle slap from the Holy Spirit.

I'm to cast the sale of the house on the Lord, as it is a care; and because, as He shows over and over, He cares for me!

And when I do the casting I am to accompany it with thanksgiving...God is answering prayer, He will answer prayer, He will provide...

I know that in my head, but there is a disconnect from my head to my heart.

So I confess, repent, and trust.

No comments: