Get the book here

Monday, July 7, 2008

I Wanna Know What Love Is...


My favorite definition of love is, "I want for you, what is best for you, for the longest period of time."

Here is another attempt to portray love in words:

The proof that you love someone is not that you have warm affectionate
feelings toward them. The proof is in your actions, your words and your
sacrifice, your willingness to give the best of yourself and your
willingness to get nothing in return.

Katherine Walden

Though both these definitions are aimed at defining love for another person, the second definition is particularly applicable to our love for our Lord.

Do my actions, words, sacrifice, willingness to give the best of myself indicate a passionate love for the Lord? And am I willing to love and serve Him even if I "get nothing in return"?

No comments: