Get the book here

Saturday, August 15, 2015

"The Battle Starts Now"

Pioneers for Christ (aka "korean kamp) camp ended this Saturday noon.

At least the six days together came to a halt...

But, as a camper facebooked me just a moment ago, "The battle starts now."

In prison we talk about inmates "leaving Jesus at the gate."

Too many campers also "leave Jesus at the driveway out."

This particular camper does not want to have the stereotypical "camp high."

Thankfully, many others also want to keep fighting the good fight.

We are saved by grace but grace works (because it is He who is at work within us both to desire to do and to do His good pleasure)

As I have at every camp this summer, I encouraged the young men and women to "S.T.A.N.D.":

Study (no way they can grow without a regular, systematic intake of the Word of God)

Talk (prayer is our declaration of dependence)

Assemble (be part of a local church, not a mere attender

Notice (be aware of what's going on in your life, your family, your neighborhood, your country, your              church, etc)

Do (It's not enough to know God's will, it must be done)

It was a great week. Exhausting, but exhilarating. A time to weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice.

Jacob and I got some Chinese to go this evening. The fortune I found in my cookie reads, "One learns most from teaching others."

I'm still processing what I learned this week, but the premise is true. The hours of preparation and prayer (and the prayers of those who support Jane and I in prayer and finance), culminate in a 45-minute (or so) message, hours and hours of hanging with campers, and the ongoing relationship with many maintained by mail, email, facebook, phone, etc.

Why did God elect to use me this way? Beats me. But I sure am blessed to be able to do what I get to do...

Off to New Jersey in a couple days to "do" the final camp of the season.



No comments: