Get the book here

Saturday, August 29, 2015

It's Not All Relative...

While reading the August 31 issue of "Time" I came across an interview with Beverly Johnson.

I had no idea who she is; after skimming the article I guess she was/is a famous model.

Not much of interest, but her answer to the last question reminded me of the importance of "little" words.

She was asked, "When do you feel the most beautiful?

Her response?

"I feel the most beautiful when I'm really speaking my truth in my soul..."

Catch it?

"my truth"

It reminded me of the former governor of New Jersey who in August of 2004 resigned after the married man realized one of his male lovers was going public.

In his resignation speech he said, "At a point in every person's life, one has to look deeply into the mirror or one's soul and decide one's unique truth in the world, not as we may want to see it or hope to see it, but as it is. And so my truth is that I am a gay American..."

"Thy Word is truth." "I am the truth."

We who follow Christ and His Word need not be ashamed of truth.

Therein is the danger in saying things like, "What this verse says to me..."

It is not relative. It is truth. It says one primary thing (yes, there may be application etc, but it is not flexible like jello).

Truth.

Stand on it. 

Rest in it.

Share it.

No comments: