Get the book here

Friday, March 1, 2013

Heavy Hearted

Earlier this week got word that a long-time friend, 31 years of age, had been murdered by her ex "boyfriend" who then killed himself.

Shocking.

But not shocking enough.

I hurt for her, for her family, for her friends.

But I think a couple decades ago...maybe just a few years...I would have been much more severely stunned.

Today I swapped emails with a mutual friend who has been in ministry as long as I. He feels the same way.

Not that we are "used" to it...but that it is so prevalent...so, well, "common."

Obviously in most cases it wraps itself in an unknown name...or names.

When it blasts into our minds with the name...and face...of a friend it clobbers...but not with the baffled amazement of years past.

What is "it"?

Evil.

Psalm 7.9, "Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may You establish the righteous"

Maranatha.


No comments: