Get the book here

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birthday Reflections

So it's yet another birthday for me. "Older than dirt" would seem to apply...but as I jogged this morning I knew I'm in better shape now than I was in my 20s and 30s; and, regardless, our times are in His hands. As a plaque in my office reads, "Age is mind over matter; if you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

I heard something the other day that is worth contemplating..."If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you think you were?"  In my case, mid - thirties...sometimes younger!

I know a lot of crabby teenagers...crabby 20 and 30 somethings...and some young-thinking 70-80 year olds.

Attitude determines actions which determine accomplishments.

So, yeah, I'm another year/day/hour/minute/second closer to heaven...but so are you!

Here's a few shots of my biggest blessings: Dad, Jacob, Janelle on log ride at Silver Dollar City last week;
 Jane, Jacob, Janelle at Sight&Sound in Branson, Mo; Josiah and Joel at our new above ground pool (what a hassle to put up...thanks to Randy Rogers for helping); Janelle and Jacob in front of Sight & Sound (where we saw Noah production last week...phenomenal); Joel (left) photographing a wedding in Wisconsin over the weekend; Mom and Jacob enjoying the (ice cold) pool!


No comments: