Get the book here

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Omission in the Commission

What's the "great commission"?

Did you include "obedience" in your definition?

Or is that the "omission" in the "commission"?

Here it is in the ESV (Matthew 28, 19,20) Go therefore and make disciples (not "decisions") of all nations...teaching them to observe (obey) all that I have commanded you."

I was reminded of this as I read Romans 15 this morning.

In verse 18 Paul states, "For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience - by word and deed,"

Yup, we are saved by grace through faith, but saved for the purpose of bringing forth good works. (Eph 2.8-10)

Work on!

1 comment:

BookRyder said...

I pray that I will bring glory to His name as I strive to understand where He wants me and what He wants me to do.