Get the book here

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tired of Death


I am tired of death. Earlier this year one of my best friends died of a brain infection. Then, of course, the tragedy of our 17-year-old nephews death in a car accident. And now the drowning of the 11-year-old daughter of Jane's best friend.

Death may no longer have victory, may not have a sting; but it still hurts.

Yes, I believe that God is sovereign in all things. Yes, I am trusting Romans 8.28. Yes, I am giving thanks in all things which is not the same as giving thanks for all things.

But the pain that surrounds the families concerned is reality that doesn't surrender to Christian platitudes.

And, yes, I recognize that He promises to go through the valley with us, and therein is hope, sanity, and confidence.

No comments: