Get the book here

Monday, September 22, 2008

B.C. "Life Verses"

On my other blog, www.crossfocused.blogspot.com I've been writing this month each day from the appropriate chapter of Proverbs. This is a good discipline for me, if no one else.

Tonight I was getting a sneak peak at chapter 23, and came across what I've often referred to as my pre-salvation life verses.

To anyone who has struggled with alcohol and alcoholism (Yes, I am an alcoholic; the only drug that I was ever addicted to back in the day...I recognize some might pooh-pooh and say I need to 'claim the victory' of being a new creation and thus no longer in bondage to alcohol...yeah, right...I'm so paranoid I won't take medicine with alcohol as an ingredient!)...

Anyway, Proverbs 23.29-35 is spot-on-descriptive of my life from about the age of 14 until I got saved at 26.

Thank You, Lord!

No comments: