Get the book here

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

With God...

"Impossible."

A non-word for the follower of Christ - because nothing is impossible with God. As Andrew Murray wrote, "We have a God who delights in impossibilities."

Why? Because when God does what seems to be "impossible" He gets glory. That is the purpose of miracles...not to give the instrument/evangelist/"faith healer" glory; but to give the Lord glory. Why? Because as He is glorified, elevated, and honored people pay attention and present themselves as candidates for the greatest miracle...rebirth!

In our humanity, though, some times we can get foggy and think things are "impossible." Or at least improbable.

Like selling a house in a depressed market in a shaky economy. This weighs on me. Certainly, tell me it shouldn't, but it does.

Jane and I are confident in God's leading as well as timing; and thus we are confident He has a plan for the sale of our house and the purchase of a home in Saint Joseph. My dear wife is a lot more optimistic and cheery than I...and that is weird because she is the one who has to keep the house "presentable" for any potential buyer to stop by. Thankfully we are a team, and when I get a little "down" she lifts me up (usually by a figurative kick in the rear!); and versa visa!

"Happened" to read this in my "through the Bible in a year" reading today. I remember that in August of 1977, when I flew to Kansas City from California to attend Bible college...hardly any money, no job, no place to stay...circling the airport for landing, and "happening" to read the same verse...and over three decades later it is alive with hope:

Psalm 31.24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!

No comments: