Get the book here

Thursday, January 17, 2008

An End and A Start


So...it has come to this...I've (finally) decided to leave xanga-land. It was a good ride, but the number of riders lessened significantly over the past several months...and, now that I've also been converted to facebook, and now that a major change looms...the time is right to join the blogger community.

Herein I hope to continue the variety of things I posted to xanga - quotations I come across in my reading; recommended books; news items I deem significant; probably some preaching from time to time; and prayer concerns as well as needs.

We shall see what unfolds.

For two decades I have served with Family Life Ministries/Network in New York; and recently the Lord prompted me to resign and to join the staff of Midland Ministries in Saint Joseph, Mo. In a sense this is a go-home-trip; as my wife and I met in Kansas City when I was on staff with Kansas City Youth For Christ and Jane was a Bible school student.

The plan is to make the move in early May as I conclude my responsibilities as Bible Quiz director here culminating in the Bible Quiz Fellowship National tournament in Minneapolis, Minnesota in late April.

That's the plan. But we serve a God who has big sleeves...and occasionally has a trick or two up them! Oh, the photo is ofthe two women in my life - my wife Jane (who flew to Kansas City today to look over Saint Joseph and for houses - please PRAY we sell our New York home FAST) and our daughter Janelle.

5 comments:

Richard said...

Hey Jack, I've been thinking of using Blogger myself, I have been messing with it.

Now to figure out how to get your blog back into the RSS feed, I don't see a subscribe on your site yet.

Richard said...

You said, "...please PRAY we sell our New York home FAST) and our daughter Janelle..."

How much you want for your daughter?

;)

I think my girls are looking for another sister.

Anonymous said...

rss feed: http://midlandjack.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

welcome to the anti-xanga ;)

Pastor Steve said...

Jack, great to have you in the neighborhood! Hope you like it. I've had my blog on Blogger.com for ayear now - great success and lots of readers.
(www.thoughtsfrompastorsteve.com)

Anonymous said...

Jack - Your presence will be missed as a "fill in" speaker at Crosswinds in Canandaigua. Thank you for your powerful response in obedience to Christ's call on your life. God bless you and your family as you respond once again.