Get the book here

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Early Morning Scream

So I get up early this Saturday morning in Oxford, a tiny village in Nebraska. Wander around town looking for a cup of coffee...find one! Yippee! Sitting on a bench sipping, probably around 5.45 am, when I hear a scream cut through the morning silence, "I hate you with all of my heart!!!"

Can't tell if it is a child, a teen, or an adult...the voice is incredibly loud, but distorted. I look towards the sound and see a pick up roar away...I hear and see nothing else...

My first thought was that a girl had lost her virginity and had been dumped. Then I wondered if it was, in fact, a child who had hoped to spend the day with divorced dad but he changed his mind...

So I prayed that whatever the situation, that the Lord would use it to bring attention to Himself as the ultimate need-meeter.

And I thanked Him for prompting me to pray.

Maybe that's what it means to "pray without ceasing"?

No comments: