Get the book here

Saturday, December 8, 2012

As 2012 evaporates, it is hard to be optimistic. The economy, obamacare, the pending Supreme Court rulings on "gay marriage", and many other factors combine to make the future bleak...

Yet we cling to the Lord, and believe in His sovereignty.

And we recognize that "all God's people got trouble."

Thought of that as I read Habakkuk 3.17,18 as part of my intake this morning:

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls, 
yet will I rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation."

React, or act? It is an act of the will to "rejoice" and to "take joy."

Recognize the focal point of rejoicing..."in the Lord"..."in the God of my salvation."

Helps me keep things in perspective...

No comments: