Get the book here

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

God of...

I've no idea who started the concept of writing a Bible verse below one's signature, but that habit has been mine for a long time.

For several years I've used Romans 15.13 as part of my signature.

In the ESV it reads, "May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

"Hope" is such a cherished commodity! I love its appearance in the old hymn, "My hope is built in nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness."



My acronym for hope is:

He
Oversees
People and
Events

God is in charge. God is in control. God will fulfill His purposes.

Confidence in God's sovereignty produces "joy" and "peace"...no matter what.

And I don't want a little hope...or even a generous portion of hope...I want to "abound" in hope...

Thus I need to be continually (re)filled with Spirit of God...because I leak.

And leakage results in a lessening of hope...which can lead to despair.

Praying for myself...for you..."May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

No comments: