Get the book here

Friday, December 16, 2011

Only One!

Professed atheist Christopher Hitchens died yesterday. Did he die an atheist? I don't know, nor do you. He had heard the gospel from many; perhaps he came to Christ near deaths end.


Here are some sane comments on "death bed conversion":

"It cannot be too often, or too loudly, or too solemnly repeated that the Bible, which ranges over a period of four thousand years, records but one instance of a death-bed conversion - one that none may despair, and but one that none may presume."
                                           Thomas Guthrie (1803-1873), Scottish preacher



1 comment:

Len Peeler said...

While we can hope he is with the Lord the overwhelming fruits and denials of Christ says he's not. If I were asked to preach his funeral I would not put him in heaven nor would I put him in hell. I would say that his only hope was Christ then I would preach the gospel to the living. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!