Get the book here

Monday, October 3, 2011

Reminder - Be Still


I needed and need this reminder from PETE WILSON

I’m a doer, an activator, a leader. Like many of you it’s in my blood to be as productive as I possibly can. It’s why I need to lean into this verse more than ever before.
Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still, and know that I am God.”
The Hebrew word for “Be still” literally means “let go of your grip.”
Cease striving at the level of human effort.
Be still and let go of your own understanding.
Be still and let go of your own human effort.
Be still and let go of your desire to control what others think of you.
Be still and let go of your need to control outcomes.
Be still.
Be still and be reminded that you are finite. God is infinite.
Be still and let God be God in the most intimate places of your life which, in the end, is the only thing that will change anything.

No comments: